10 Facts about Male Contraception
Male contraception is coming, and is going to change the world. Here are 10 facts you may not have known about the most exciting part of the future of contraception.
10. We are 10-20 years away from a new male contraceptive method.
9. Both men and women want men to participate in family planning decision-making.
8. Younger men are more open to a variety of male contraception methods.
7. There are male contraceptive methods in development that are safe, reversible, long-acting, and non-hormonal (Hurray! No side effects!).
6. Men are interested in both very long-term contraceptive methods and those they can take just before sex like Viagra.
5. There are herbal contraceptives in development that use drugs isolated directly from plants.
4. Contraception is a couples’ issue.
3. Contraception is a global issue.
2. The “male pill” contraceptive is not a joke! It’s in human clinical trials now pending FDA approval.
1. Most couples are interested in a menu of safe contraception options that both men and women can use to meet their lifestyles and family planning needs.
Male Contraceptive Initiative is funding research and acting as a resource for all things male contraception. See some work in development, and learn what the future of contraception could be.